Jodi Picoult is my favorite author. The first book I read by her was My Sister's Keeper in eighth grade. Immediately I fell in love with the story and her overall writing style. Picoult always adds an extra flair into her novels that make them unique. In The Pact the different twist was that the chapters alternated between "Then" scenes and "Now" scenes. Thus, the story was told through flashbacks and the present-day happenings. Little things like that truly make reading much more interesting for me.
The Pact followed an interesting love story. It was especially interesting because one of the lovers is found dead on the first page. Throughout the book the reader tries to figure out why this death occurred through emotional recollections of the teenage lovers' past and controversial court hearings surrounding the death. Picoult really keeps the reader guessing; a foggy end to the character's life makes for controversy with the court decision.
This book is definitely for mature readers. I would recommend it mostly to girls who enjoy emotional love stories. The book goes into many details of the main character's relationship. Though it was not my favorite book by Jodi Picoult I would still recommend it to her fans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment