Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

This is the first book I have read this year that I do not actually like. I feel that the plot is boring and the characters are not developed well. Maybe my boredom can be accounted to the fact that it is a young adult book and possibly too simple for me. The story follows a family whose older daughter has run away and younger daughter cannot fill the empty shoes she left behind. I will continue to read this book and give it chance. I hope that the plot will uncover and become more interesting.

I decided to read this book because I have heard good things about Sarah Dessen. She seems like a good writer; I just believe that I would have enjoyed her books more a few years ago. Meanwhile, I hope to finish the book and strive to read more challenging books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment