Thursday, October 15, 2009

Angels and Demons-Post #3

The excitement has definitely picked up in this book. The main characters, Vittoria and Langdon, are continuing on their quest. At this point in the book, their focus is to track down a man who is guilty of killing Vittoria's father and about to kill four of the most influential Catholic cardinals from around the world. This is all happening during Conclave in Vatican City, which is an event where the new Pope is chosen.

Meanwhile, to add to Vittoria and Langdon's problems, a highly explosive chemical was stolen from Vittoria's deceased father's lab. Thus, in addition to hunting down the mysterious killer, they must also stop this chemical--called antimatter--from blowing up Vatican City and all of the important religious figures who are there for Conclave.

I really like the suspense that this story is taking on. I am a fan of action/adventure movies. This book surely reminds me of one. I can just imagine the clock counting down the minutes until the antimatter explodes and ruins the town. Just like in the movies I'm sure it will come down to a close call. But these stories always end with everyone being safe. That's why we love them after all, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment