Wednesday, October 28, 2009

End of Angels & Demons; Beginning of A Time for Dancing

This week I finished reading Angels & Demons. I really loved how this book came together in the end. Though some points in the story were very boring, the action really picked up at the end. New twists were revealed and the ultimate mystery concluded. I don't want to spoil the ending here but I would definitely recommend this book. I believe I enjoyed it even more than The Da Vinci Code. I would highly recommend it to any Dan Brown fans, or just mystery fans in general.

Next, I began reading A Time for Dancing by Davida Hurwin. One thing that makes this book unique is that the chapters alternate point of view between two best friends: Julie and Sam. I like this arrangement because it is as if two stories are being told at once. The reader is able to hear the story as told from two different girls. This change in point of view creates an interesting dynamic, especially as the characters battle problems. For instance, Jules and Sam were at a party in an early chapter. Also attending this party was Jules' recent ex-boyfriend, whom she still claimed to love. Sam, however, did not feel as much affection toward the guy who just broke her best friend's heart. Thus, their descriptions of the scene differed very much. I believe this arrangement develops each character a lot more, for the reader hears the story from their own point of view rather than a narration. This allows the reader to truly learn about each character.

No comments:

Post a Comment