I have continued reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown this week. I find it very interesting how many subjects are incorporated into this storyline. Of course the main genre is mystery. But the plot focuses on religion and science, as well. While most people think these two things clash, one of the characters, Vittoria, has explained that some believe just the opposite. Vittoria's dad has just been murdered; the cause is unknown. He works as a physicist, yet he is also devoted to the Church. This is unusual, yet he made it work. Upon entering her dad's office after his death with his boss and the main character, Robert Langdon, Vittoria revealed the top secret project her dad and her were working on together.
I was fascinated by the description of the project. It managed to explain how the earth was created by agreeing with both the religious view of the subject and the scientific theory. This clever writing has truly made me more intrigued in the story. At first I was unsure if I wanted to continue reading or abandon the book. But, I do realize that sometimes you need to stick with a book for a little while until it picks up. Now that the plot is beginning to develop I am becoming more interested in the reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment