I know it's a bit out of order, but I have decided to read Angels & Demons now, after I just finished The Da Vinci Code. Many fans of The Da Vinci Code asked me if I have read Angels & Demons after finding out about my first choice. Everyone who loved The Da Vinci Code recommended I read this one, as well. So I thought I would give it a try.
So far I find the books to be very similar. First off, it follows another part of Robert Langdon's life--who was the main character in both books. However, the stories are not a continuation of each other. Also, Langdon is an expert symbologist. So, he embarks on a new mystery to solve. This time, he helping a physics center investigate the death of a worker. Langdon is called in because the body exhibits the symbol of an ancient secret society--a specialty of Langdon's knowledge. I found this scenario very similar to when Langdon was called in to sort out the death of a museum curator whose body was covered with different ancient symbols.
Because I immediately saw all of these connections between the two books I wasn't sure that I wanted to continue reading Angels & Demons. After all, what's the point of reading a book with the same plot line as one that I have just finished. But, I voiced this opinion with numerous people that read both Dan Brown novels and they advised me to stick with it. So I guess I will have to see for myself which book is the better one of the series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment